tanking
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sarahlou1980
Labourer
Labourer

tanking

by sarahlou1980 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Can anyone help me with this one, i needed to know if there is anywhere on the world wide web, which could tell me how to put tanking in me cellar, its far to expensive to get someone in to do it so i want a go my self, i know what products to use, but im not sure how to do it.

Help me PLEASE :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

mazeppa
Labourer
Labourer

by mazeppa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:57 pm

See our damp projects and contact the presenters in there. They are called Propery Repair Systems and will give you free, no obligation advice on all damp related problems. Also take a look at our projects on basement conversions and underground waterproofing.

For cellars I normally recommend cavity-drain membrane systems but the complication is the drain that must be put around the perimeter in order to freely drain away water from behind the membrane so that water pressure cannot build up and cause a problem elsewhere. The drain must either flow away to a lower level (not to a foul drain!) or to a sump where it can be collected and pumped away automatically by an electric pump.

Good luck!

harbyma
Labourer
Labourer

by harbyma » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi, I recently refurbished my basement using a cavity drainage membrane system. To meet building regulations this is a full waterproof system incorporating the use of drainage channels to carry away any excess water. If this is to be a habitable room then a means of escape must also be provided inlcuding thermal insulation and ventilation. See all of the basement conversion projects on this web site.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am