Tee-ing the flow and return
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Tee-ing the flow and return

by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm

I am installing a new heating system and relocating the boiler upstairs to a bedroom - got a CORGI engineer coming to do the boiler and I am running the pipework.

I am running the flow and return round the upstairs and am tee-ing off from both just near the boiler to run the downstairs. So, I will have one f&r supplying 3 radiators and a towel rail upstairs and another f&r supplying 3 radiatiors downstairs.

So effectively they will almost be two separate systems with an end radiator up and another end radiator down. I am running all the f&r in 22mm copper reducing to 15mm only at the radiators.

Does this sound ok? I am wondering if it would be better to do the flow and return each as one continuous run all round the house. What I don't want is one or two of the rads not heating properly.

I am installing a new Worcester Bosch 28i Junior which should be more than adequate for the demand. Will the pump be able to cope with effectively sending the water in two different directions?

I can't decide if I am being concerned over nothing or not!

Thanks,

Chris

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:27 am

As a rule of thumb, 15mm will happily supply two radiators, so use 22mm only only to where it will need to feed more than this. The length of 15mm run is irrelevant (within reason).

Most installations only have pipes upstairs, and drops down the walls in each room to feed the radiator. It works out

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Should work fine, the pump wont have a problem and the boiler should be fine too for 7 radiators.

Remember to flush system and add inhibitor when you're finished - you'll have less problems in future.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 pm