The breaker dont trip the ring main

Postby bartkusal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello, just wander is anyone can help me, I have 7 circuit breakers in my CU ,I worked out which breaker does what circuit, two 5A ones does two separate light circuits, one 15A does bathroom lights and wall lights in lounge, another 15A breaker is radial for kombi boiler in the kitchen , one 30A breaker does the cooker radial. And now is the funny part. The last two 30A breakers I thought was for my ring finals, which is not the case, they do nothing??? Non of the breakers trips my power circuits, I am not able to sleep at night knowing that somewhere could be a fault and cables burning and non of the breakers interrupts that. I live in flat/house which been one big house and been split in two, so maybe I am silly but my first thought was that it could be run from neighbours CU, but that’s not the case cos switching the main switch it switches sockets two, so only one thing I can think off is that breakers are faulty, but if breakers faulty shouldn’t I had to have no power in the first place, please replay ASAP cos I really need some sleep J) thanks….
bartkusal
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 am

This is a guess. When wired the electrician has mixed up which pair was which and now both ring mains share the two 32A MCB's?
Try turning of both if that turns off ring mains I have guessed right.
Easy to correct but in theory it will need Part P and already I have been thrown off this forum for explaining how to do work which needs Part P.
Please tell me if my guess is right
ericmark

Postby bartkusal » Mon May 03, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks a lot you was right 100% wiring was mix up and both rings been sharing mcb's, I disconected all line vires,4 of them, from the top of mcb's, then paired them up with continuty test, and fit them in the corect way in mcb's,and that was that,its all good now,thanks a lot again...
bartkusal
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby ericmark » Mon May 03, 2010 11:55 am

Thank you for reply nice especially when I guessed right.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!