THERMACON CH BOILER / TIMER ISSUES ?

Postby swills » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

Our neighbour has his CH bolier located in the Garage of his property, this is attached to our house, we can hear the bolier popping on and off quite well !
but at night, it does keep us awake, we asked before he said there was nothing he could do, spoke to them again a few days ago, as the boiler was running at 0130 in the morning for about 30 mins then stopped.
they said that they go to bed at about 11pm and it's all shut down on the timer, and when I saw the timer it was all on "OFF" but the bolier still kicked in at odd times over night, quite annoying to say the least.

Question is, is this faulty wiring to the timer, or faulty timer, or is it right? but it seems odd that the bolier would come on, on it's own with all the timers saying off !

Thnx :-)
swills

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi, only poss. I can think of is if there is a frost stat. as the boiler is outside the heated house & it's set too high.
Should be around 5C.
OR is it a Y plan system using Honeywell 3 port v/v? if so there has been a problem of some voltage getting onto the orange 'call' wire which H-W have at last admitted & offer a fix of a capacitor across call & Neutral wires.
0.047mF @240v rating I believe.
sparx

Postby swills » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 am

Thankyou for the answer, although the second bit was beyond me, not being that way inclined!
I understand what you say about the frost setting, but I would have thought as the garage is sandwiched between the two houses and attached to both, frost wouild not have been an issue, would that, if set too high, accounted for last winter's problem of 2 min on, 2 mins off, 2 mins on, 2 mins off through most of the 'sleepness' nights! ?
(Their bedroom is on the other side of the house, so that can't hear it, ours is "in the next room" sort of!)
swills

Sort by
Order by