Thermal insulation and cables

Postby stratman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi folks in DIY land

I have tried seaching buthave not found a definitive answeer to this one. By regulation, is it just heavy draw electric cables, such as shower and cooker, that should not be covered by roof insulation or is it all cables?

Thanks all
Stratman
stratman
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby kbrownie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:16 am

HI stratman,
When cables are run through loft spaces where thermal insulation is required, the cable where ever practicable should be fixed in a position so it will not be covered by the insulation. When it is covered certain cable calculation need to be need made, which will alter the size of cable being used do to a reduction to it's current carrying capacity. So I would clip the cable above the installation if and where ever posible. This applies to most cables.
Kind Regards, Hope info Helpfull.
KB
kbrownie

Postby stratman » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:59 am

Thanks for that. It gives me all I need.
stratman
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!