Thermalite Block Fixings to Take TV Bracket and TV

Postby Jokerman101 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:42 pm

I want to fix a television bracket to a thermalite block wall, however as my wife does not want any cables showing and does not want the cables channeled into the wall my options are limited. So I have fitted 1" x 2" battens to the wall and plan to cover this with MDF board, the void between will give the space needed for all the cables. The TV bracket comes with large wall plugs and coach screws. The bracket weights about 11 KG and the TV 16KG, should I;
a) Use the wall plugs supplied and use longer coach screws to take into account the thickness of the batten and MDF board and use a two part resin to glue the plugs into the wall. (I have all this to hand)
b) Use Fischer universal plugs (UX-R) and again for extra strength glue these in place with two part resin. (I have all this to hand as I used these fixings for the battens)
c) Use resin and metal studs.
Jokerman101
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby Jokerman101 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:08 am

Well guys, my TV arrived and the wife wanted it put up, so I went with the original TV bracket fixings and the longer coach screws. I drilled 7mm holes in the battens and 9mm holes in the wall. I blew out the dust, mixed the epoxy resin which I then scooped up in the straw and blew it into the back of the hole. I then applied some of the glue to the wall plug and hammered it home. I left it to harden before screwing the battens and MDF board back in place and attaching the wall bracket. The fixing is rock solid.
Jokerman101
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!