Thermilate

Postby coustygadje » Wed May 23, 2007 1:37 pm

I have recently found listed on various internet sites a paint called "thermilate" Is this paint for real and will it provide extra insulation of walls ? Has anybody used this paint and how good is it ? I am planning on decorating my house, which has solid stone walls so this sounds like a good idea to mix with the paint to stop heat loss.
coustygadje

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Thu May 24, 2007 8:15 pm

Thermalite ( Hansons) do make a paint grade block with a fair face that can be painted easily but we doubt if Thermailte make an actual paint. Could be wrong though !!
thedoctor
Site Admin

Postby harshy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 pm

hi

I have bought and applied thermilate in my bedroom and it worked a treat, the room feels much warmer..you can actually feel the warmth on the walls.... i juts check and thermilate have lanched their own brand of insulating paints, just give them a ring if you need further info 0845 313 8681.
harshy

Postby JB » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 am

I have used this in a front lobby and a bathroom but I dont know if it's affected as I have no previous bills to go from. I can say though that i found it a little tricky to apply. I found that when I was applying it, the grains went on thicker in some place and extra care has to be made by going over it a few times to get an even finish. It does leave a fine grain texture, however, I used it in a base coat of white, and then painted over it with 2 - 3 covers of the colour and the grains disappeared.
JB

Sort by
Order by