Thermo replacement problems

Postby baggies666 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:41 pm

i

Lets detail my system, I have a combi boiler Icos Ideal m3080, there is a programme unit by the boiler and use to be a Danfoss rnt 230 thermo in the hall, this connected by 3 wires red,blue & yellow.

I decided I wanted more control over the heat as I am in all day so thought I would replace the hall way thermo with a Salus RT500, this takes only 2 wires so doing as I was told I isolated the blue and connect the red into live and the yellow lead, I know get error messages from my boiler and looking up what they mean H1 is a flow thermistor error, now this was not happening with the rmt 230 so is it because of this blue wire?, I am not sure whether I need to look at another unit maybe the blue wire done something that the new unit does not cover for, I am not great with things like this but I thought it was a simple job that I could do without loads of expense.

Thanks
baggies666
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!