Thermocouple needs replacing and no hot water or heating

Postby leighanne » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:02 pm

2 problems I need advice on please, I have a really old Ideal Standard Central Heating Boiler, and the pilot light wont work, after trying it after its been off for summer. I am sure it needs a new thermocouple, how much would I expect to pay for that job please? I am having my heating system renewed with grant but it will be after Christmas and I am freezing.

The boiler was working last time it was on about April 2010, but only the heating worked there was no hot water.

I also have not had hot water for over a year, and someone told me that it will be a small part in the boiler that I need replacing, anyone know what it might be thank you.
leighanne

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby George9 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

leighanne wrote:2 problems I need advice on please, I have a really old Ideal Standard Central Heating Boiler, and the pilot light wont work, after trying it after its been off for summer. I am sure it needs a new thermocouple, how much would I expect to pay for that job please? I am having my heating system renewed with grant but it will be after Christmas and I am freezing.

The boiler was working last time it was on about April 2010, but only the heating worked there was no hot water.

I also have not had hot water for over a year, and someone told me that it will be a small part in the boiler that I need replacing, anyone know what it might be thank you.

Hi A themocoupling costs about £4 to buy not sure what heating engineers would charge to fit but he has to make a living

I had an ideal boiler and changed it myself when it fell apart as they are not difficult but depends on the boiler and the right spanner and a bit of diy practise
Hope this helps i guess a heating engineer should be about £55
George9

Sort by
Order by