Thermostat for Central Heating

Postby stuartn2825 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:51 am

Hi, I am looking at installing a thermostat in my hallway to try and control the temperature throughout my flat. Would one thermostat be enough? The problem is the shape of the flat - the gas combi boiler is at one end and the bedrooms are at the other, my 7 month old daughter is waking up through the night freezing hence the need to install some sort of thermostat system to try and maintain a constant temp throughout the house. I assume these thermostats have to be hard wired to the main central heating control box? This could cause a problem due to the location of the combi boiler and the fact that its a flat so access to lofts/underfloors is virtually non existent.
Appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

Thanks
Stuart
stuartn2825

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Wireless thermostats are available and work well. They are however more expensive than wired ones.

Better still, fit a wireless programmable thermostat. They will offer to keep the flat at different temperatures at different times of the day / night.

Provided the area is heated, a stat can be fitted anywhere - normally in a hallway. Provided the system is correctly balanced, each other room will be heated proportionally.
plumbbob

Sort by
Order by