Thermostat Help!!1

Postby saads7 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Hello forum, I am a newcomer and I seek your assistance and expertise!

I have a Robus LED thermostat which doesnt appear to work!

When the central heating system is on timer, or on, using the thermostat does not switch the system on or off!

The only way I can get the system on is by using the controls on the boiler switching the system to 'on' or timer, when I want the system to come on at a specific time.

The system is brand new, coupled to a new Valiant Boiler system, new piping, and new radiators!

The plumber who installed the system is useless insisting the thermostat works, when it doesn't!

Im lost, the thermostat is has two wires going into it BROWN and BLUE.

For the life of me I cant see an Earth wire anywhere, but im told this isnt necessarilly needed?

The LED on the thermostat is never on, whether the switch on the thermostat is on or off.

The thermostat has the follwing pins:

EARTH, 2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 6

BROWN is in ONE
BLUE is in TWO

Can anyone help or offer any assistance?

Many Many Thanks! :D
saads7
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:38 pm

According to the fitting instructions from the web, and I am only guessing they're the right ones ( Robus RRF10-01?) the brown needs to be connected to pin 2 & the blue to pin 3. The neon won't work unless a neutral is connected to pin 6 also, pins 5 & 3 need to be linked.

No earth is required.
plumbbob

Postby saads7 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:20 am

Thank you for your help.

How do I link pins 5 & 3? Any special wire needed?
saads7
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby plumbbob » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Preferably use the same type of wire that is already being used on the other terminals, but failing that, any similar sized wire will do.
plumbbob

Postby saads7 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Thanks for that, will give it a pop!

I'll let you know how it goes!!
saads7
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!