thermostat mixer shower and combi boiler

Postby louiseburge » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:41 am

Hey. I am hoping someone can help me please. I have just splashed out mega bucks on a new bathroom. I bought a thermostat mixer shower on the advice of the fella in bathstore. I have a new combi boiler and the water pressure was brill. The fella assured me that it would be the same with this shower bla bla bla. The bathroom is now finished, and imagine my upset when I turned on my lovely new shower the pressure dipped to a trickle after 20 seconds.

A mate has suggested i need a megaflo or something. Does anyone know how to sort this out? Am heartbroken...............
louiseburge

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:45 pm

If the water pressure was brill before installation - is it still the same at the other taps ?

Could the new pipework and isolaton valves be the fault - are the isolation valves fully open ?

Get plumber back to sort it
htg engineer

Postby bobplum » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:06 pm

cant see why this would happen most if not all thermostatic showers work on combis,unless this one designed to run on different systems
who fitted it? did they check manufacturers instructions
have you been back to bathstore? as it been connected correctly,is the hot feed in the correct inlet
was it flushed thru to get rid of debris in the pipework prior to usage
if the water pressure was good and the shower is the correct one for the system then you have to consider human error or a broken shower possibly or one of the above
bob
bobplum

Postby simpleton » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:11 pm

If you have a combi boiler then you should have mains pressure hot/cold which should result in a great shower. Who fit the shower? When using the shower was anyone else using any other taps in the house?? I dont really see how you can go wrong with fitting a new shower to a combi system to be honest
simpleton

Postby Noggin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:32 am

If the pressure dropped suddenly after first turing this on, I would suggest that this sounds like a blockage. Try flushing with the cold water pressure and see if that helps.
Noggin

Postby htg engineer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 pm

If I was you, I would isolate the hot and cold going to the shower and remove the shower.

Turn on hot and cold one at a time and allow to run to clear any debri etc if the pressure is good on the hot and cold with the shower removed -I would return the shower to where you bought it from - it may be a fault with the shower
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by