Thermostat Turns Heating off Downstairs but Still Comes on Upstairs

Postby Kimberley_125 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 am

Hello I am hoping someone can help. We currently have a combi boiler and the heating is controlled by a thermostat in the living room. We have recently moved into the property so are unaware if there were any problems before. I have programmed the thermostat so that the heating should be off all the time. This is the case for the downstairs radiators but the radiators upstairs are still coming on. This is at random times of the day/night and there doesn’t seem to be a pattern. I have had to close all the valves to stop the radiators coming on and boiling! However I have left the bathroom one on to monitor the problem, trying different settings on the thermostat to see if this makes any difference but no!
Does anyone have any ideas, is this a plumbing problem or an electrical one?
Thanks in advance.
Kimberley_125
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:57 pm

do the downstairs rads get hot when you turn on the boiler,for now put the boiler on manual so as there's no automatic (thermostat/timer) control over the heating
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!