thermostat wiring

Postby steve10 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:39 pm

i have a sunvic tlx 4101 room thermostat for central heating, need to know which wire goes in 1-2-3 , i have red live and yellow + blue which i'am not sure of + the earth, but no connection for that[size=18][/size]
steve10

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:21 pm

The triple and earth cable should be sleeved, the colours are designated for three phases and when used in domestic wiring there are no officially uses for the colours as officially it should have three red cores. This of course would be a pain to trace and is never done, but because it does not follow rules there can be no rules to govern its use. Also unusually to have three cores in first place. All plans C, S, W and Y only use the NO and Com connections in a room stat only the cylinder stat uses the NC connection. Some old room stats need a neutral to reduce the differential between on and off modern electronic ones don't require this. I went to Sunvic site and there is no real instructions but another model shows
1 = Com
2 = Satisfied = NC and
3 = Demand = NO
It is likely yours follows the same. The 2 NC would be used for cooling applications.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by