Thermostatic Mixer Shower Temperature Problem in Colder Weather

Postby Monter00 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi there,

I have a thermostatic mixer bar shower and have been having problems with the temperature of the water as we enter winter. The temperature is fine in summer but it seems that once the incoming cold water temp starts to drop it reduces the potential shower temperature and causes fluctuations in temperature.

From what I have gathered from other threads this problem could be solved by restricting the flow of cold water into the shower mixer. Am I on the right track here and could any of you please advise on any potential solutions?

Thanks,

Monter00
Monter00
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby proptech » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi Monter00

The whole idea of the thermostat is to provide a constant temp. and to adjust to varying cold water temps. Therefore, your shower has become defective, it could be simply a limescale problem, or the thermostat is due for replacement.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!