Thermostatic Mixer Showers Running off Powrmax 155X Boiler Keep Going Cold

Postby Rmaddock » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Hello

Looking at any help!

We have a Powermax 155x boiler and off it we have two mixer showers. Both are Sirrus Stratus showers which have been in the house since it was built 15 years ago.

With both showers now we have a brief period of hot water and then the showers run cold.

The boiler has just been serviced and the engineer suggests that the return valves have both gone in the showers and new mixer showers should solve the problem.

My father in law had an old mixer shower which he fitted up and it ran without any problems. I think this was an old manual value shower.

We have therefore bought a new thermostatic shower - Bristan Opac Mini and fitted this up but the original problem is back.

Any clues? Do I need to buy another manual mixer shower or is there something I can do with the new thermostatic shower to get it working properly?
Rmaddock
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!