Thermostatic Radiator Valves

Postby Morgan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:17 pm

I have just replaced all of of my old radiators for more efficient compact radiators with convectors on the back. I have found this forum excellent for problems i have encountered. however, my question is ... do I have to still balance the system with TRV's fitted. Thank you in anticipation
Morgan
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:39 am

If the heat is not being evenly distributed - then yes. Balance using the lockshield valve, not the TRV.

htg
htg engineer

Postby stuart_craigon2003 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:39 pm

This will probably be a daft question to most people, but I am re-furbishing a 3 bed detached bungalow and I have put in a new gas combi boiler. Do I actually need Lock Shield valves? What is there purpose?

Thanks.

Stuart
stuart_craigon2003
Progress to next rank:
23.1%

Postby screech » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm

lockshields are the valves on the end of the radiator that once set don't get used to turn the rad on or off unless closing off to remove the rad. these are needed so you can restrict the radiators that heat up too fast robbing larger radiators of heat, so you can balance the system and have it all heat up efficiently so yes you need them/have them.
screech
Progress to next rank:
4%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!