thermostatic radiator valves

Postby gatoblanco » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:58 pm

We have recently had a radiator fitted complete with a thermostatic valve, but it aseems to be at maximum heat whatever the valve setting even when set to 'frost'. Is it important which [b]side[/b] of the radiator the valve is on? Or is it the valve that will be faulty?
gatoblanco
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby The Heating Doctor » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Its a possibility that the valve is on the wrong side, even with modern bi-directional valves there is a right way and a wrong way to fit them. What make are the valves?
The Heating Doctor
Progress to next rank:
4.7%

Postby gatoblanco » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm

I will be able to check on the make of the Rad Valve next weekend. Watch this space and thanks for the help. Gato
gatoblanco
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby coaster » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:58 pm

it is a faulty valve it is stuck open take the head off and tap the pin lightly with a hammer replace the head if this dosnt work replace the valve

best of luck

regards

andy
coaster
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Postby gatoblanco » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:18 am

Thanks Andy/Heating Doctor,

Sorry for delay. Every valve in the house except the dodgy one is a TERRIER II. The dodgy one (the only one that the plumber had in his van) is a DRAYTON. The drayton has a white 'collar' around the middle and a chrome top. I tried lifting the chrome top to see if there was a pin to tp, but it wouldn't budge so no joy there. I have a feeling what your advice is going to be so I guess it's off to buy another TERRIER II and change it. Is the TERRIER II "Bi-Directional" ?

Gato
gatoblanco
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!