thermostatic shower making all taps lukewarm-but shower hot

Postby windsormarxist » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi all-
I have a confusing question- we have a combi boiler and thermostatic mixer shower.
The problem is that the water in all taps- kitchen, bathroom, bathtub etc is lukewarm at best UNLESS the mixer shower is on. The thermostatic shower gets very hot, and if its on, the hot water in all taps gets hot.

We suspected a boiler issue and called out the Baxi guy, but he said it was the shower leaking cold water into the system.

I've tried adjusting the temperature on the shower, no difference, played with the mains and boiler pressure, no difference.

I've taken off the thermostatic shower and blocked the pipes and now all the taps get hot, so its definately to do with the shower.

I took apart the mixer unit, and couldn't see anything obvious. Its only 2 years old- and cost about £150, so I'm not too keen to replace it so soon.

Any ideas if its a cheap and easy fix- rubber seals, or what parts I need to order? The shower is a 'house of ultra' beaumont victorian.

many thanks!
Brian
windsormarxist

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby James1000 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:26 pm

If you can get to the pipe work feeding the shower fit single check valves into the hot and cold supplys .
James1000

Sort by
Order by