thermostatic shower + pump

Postby gunwharf » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:53 pm

hi there

My apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find anything listed.

Recently I have replaced my old venturi shower with a new thermostatic mixer (Bristan Artisan). As I live in a flat and have negative head I have had to install a pump. I went for the Salamander Negative head 1.5bar twin impellar.

The issue I'm having is that I can't seem to get any hot water out of it. The cold runs fine but it seems the hot is getting as far as the pump and then stopping, although once or twice it has worked correctly but seems tempremental. We have checked the valves, as well as the shower unit but still no luck. I phoned the pump manufacturer and currently awaiting them to get back to me.

Does anybody have any ideas in the meantime - let me know if you require anymore info
gunwharf
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbers1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:16 am

Well.......could be a number of things, firstly have you got temperature regulation on your cylinder if you have what temperature is the hot water set to. Next have you got a seperate feed to the pup from both hot and cold supplies, if the hot is connected to the feed and exspansion pipe it may be sucking in air down the exspansion tube.
plumbers1
Progress to next rank:
53.8%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!