thermostatic shower valve problem

Postby paul_handyman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:01 am

I fitted a new thermo shower valve about 2 years ago but I now have a problem with it.

There is no hot water coming through.
The power pump is working ok.
The hot water is getting as far as the valve itself - (pipes are hot up to the valve)

I suspect that it is the thermostat itself inside the mixer valve that has stopped working.

Is it possible to open these valves for maintenance and is the thermostat part replaceable?

Can anybody suggest how I can test the thermostat or suggest any other cause for this before I pay out for a new valve?
Thanks
paul_handyman

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby paul_handyman » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:22 pm

I have still not sorted this problem.

Can anybody give me advice?

Thanks
paul_handyman

Postby bobplum » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:42 pm

hi can i ask how much this valve costed if shall we say cheap then the answer is simple replace if expensive get on to the manufactures and see about guarantees and engineers
good luck
bobplum

Postby Bay Plumbing » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:53 am

Hi Paul,
Firstly turn the supplies off to the shower,remove the thermo shower body and check the in-lets for dirt,debrior lime scale if your'e in hard water area,your in-let may have a fillter on them,you can flush these out under a tap,and replace the shower body and test.
hope this helps good luck

Mark
p.s it shouldn't matter if your shower cost you alot or little when it's working your not standing there thinking i'm under my shower i bought for X amount so don't go spending out just yet!!
Bay Plumbing

Sort by
Order by