Thermostatics Shower valve Problem...

Postby alburnsy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:14 pm

HI, Can some one please help me !!

Thermostatics Shower valve Problem...

I have removed my old bathroom suite, installed piping in the walls for a towel Radiator, and shower above the bath ( copper bent with a pipe bender) all was well.... I fit the new suite and I tiled the whole room including the floor and I was over the moon untill TODAY.....

I went to fit the thermostatic shower mixer valve and realinsed that I a.. Didnt have enough play to connect into the pipes that are now plastered in behind the wall(although they do protrude a good 6 inches), Does anyone know if there is a wall plate available or a device that I can use to bring the thermostatic valve off the wall without it looking SHABBY.

Thanks
Alan :oops:
alburnsy
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Bay Plumbing » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:18 am

Hi alburnsy,
which shower manafature are you using as this will give some of us an idea of the fiting they use.

Mark
Bay Plumbing
Progress to next rank:
61.5%

Postby alburnsy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi

The model of the shower is .. A&B SRL thermostatics shower valve, The main problem is that when i put the pipes into the wall I used a pipe bender rather than soldering on elbows therefore the bend prptured the face of the tiles and the valve needs to be conected behind the tiles.

Ive looked on the web for attachments to make the valve a bit deeper without any look, if someone can advise on a product that fitts onto the cups then that would be great.

If all else fails i will be scrapping the pipe work and drilling straight through the wall into the hall and creating a studed 3 in cupboard to fitt the pipes, a but harsh but its either that or nothing.

Alan
alburnsy
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!