thread sealant for BSP connections

Postby sheffield » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 pm

I am joining an offset connector for a shower valve into a 1/2" BSP female connection. It says in the instructions "apply suitable thread sealant (...) and attach (...) to the pipework in the wall. Is PTFE tape suitable and permanent enough for a joint that will be hidden behind wall tiles or what do I need to give me peace of mind?
sheffield
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby vdub » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:36 pm

More recently I have come across Liquid PTFE which I have found more reliable than standard tape. Such as Bond Loc
Google "toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/Consumables/Liquid+PTFE+50ml/d20/sd2711/p36639"
vdub
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby sheffield » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:09 pm

thanks for advice. Went to toolstation for Bondloc and they were very helpful. Connections seem to be OK, for last three days with working pressure to the shower valve, so am more confident of success now
sheffield
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!