new poster here, looking for advice in the absent of my builder....and to save mulla! :D
I need to tile my new extension roof. It has a pitch orf 12.5°, drawn up by the architects on the plans and to match the house tiles they have spec'd Redland Regent tiles appropriate for this pitch.
I've done the felting and battening according to the spacing the builder said. He has checked it and says its spot on.
The brickwork has only been completely finished on one gable end, and thats the side i'm to start tiling from.
I was told to start at the bottom about 50mm past the batten ends. I 'think' the battens finish just inside the line of the outer wall (is that correct? i could be wrong on this :? )
I'm really not sure what the hell i'm doing. My builder who is actually a good friend is a bugger to get hold of on the phone, so by trying to avoid ruining a friendship, i'm asking in here for help.
1. exactly where do i start?
2. do i put these verge thingies in first?
3. I have 2 veluxes to go in. Should they not be in place before tiling?
4. What about soffits and fascia? When do they go inm before or after tiling?
5. Once i lay the 1st tile, which way is best to proceed? up or across?
Once tutored in such things and once i've understood what i'm to do, i'm usually ok at completing the job (hopefully, usually)
So and and all advice would be greatly appreciated.