tiling before i put the bath in
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hargy99
Labourer
Labourer

tiling before i put the bath in

by hargy99 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:58 pm

I am installing a bath I know that you should tile from the bath, but is it possible to tile then put the bath in after to the tile which will be put on the wall slightly low then the bath, this is coos the tiles we want are 250mm and the panel for the bath is 520ish and I want to tile to the bottom of the floor with no gap at the bottom, I would make a frame for the bath to sit round the two walls, or will the panels cut down without making a mess
thanks

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:59 am

Yes you can, but consider two things. Firstly, if the corner is not a true 90 degrees then you may have a gap between the bath and wall you can't hide (or fill). Secondly, and probably more important, if you will be using a shower over the bath, fitting a bath onto tiles will NOT provide a good water seal!!!

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Hargy99
Totally agree with marrtin.
You may consider marking out for bath installation first, then before you install bath. set out your tiling arrangement leave the lower tiles off before you reach the level of the bath. (Using a batton as recomended to hold weight) then slot bath in to place fix as required seal with silicon and finish the last row of tiles off. As far as flooring goes not a problem doing that first, just leave access to plumbing.
Best of Luck
KB

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:46 am