tiling to the door frame.
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andy176822
Labourer
Labourer

tiling to the door frame.

by andy176822 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi,

I am tiling a toilet and I have completed all the tiles except those that are immediately within the door. All the other tiles go under the skirting boards so I want to continue this at the door.

The door has one piece of solid wood at the base and a standard door frame.
I was going to cut 1-2 cm's or so out of the base of the frame and slot the tiles into the frame as i lay them. (to avoid having to cut the tiles to match the decoration).

For the base I was going to remove the piece of wood and then put it back overlapping the tiles. But I can't seem to get the piece of wood off. I have tried hitting it hard and prying it off but it seems to want to stay put or be destroyed.

Am I going about this all wrong? How are the base pieces of wood normally connected to the door frame, are they nailed in from the outside before the frame is fitted?

Has anyone got any better solutions for how to do this?

Thanks
AP

droylsden18
Apprentice
Apprentice

by droylsden18 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:06 pm

i take it your tiling the floor and if so you can cut out the base of the frame,put a tile on the floor(face down so you dont damage it) and then with a fine toothed handsaw using the tile as a guide cut into the frame and remove with a small chisel,hope this helps.
you can hire a jamb cutting saw from a hire shop if preffered

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:10 pm