time to retrain ?
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gazzb
Apprentice
Apprentice

time to retrain ?

by gazzb » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:01 pm

hello to all , bit random this one but here goes, i am 41 years young timeservered bricklayer/ builder, my main work is extensions etc, where i do most of the work from footings to roof etc, have been thinking of looking at other avenues to retain into need a change, and am looking at boiling engineer/ servicing etc, there seems to be loads of training sites etc, any advice from you pros, i have extensive knowledge of assoiciated trades inc electrics etc, would this be worth to look at etc thanks :?

gasmick
Tradesman
Tradesman

by gasmick » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 pm

hi i know its a bad time at the moment but what you are thinking of is not a good idea these courses sound ok and offer results but they are very expensive but doing the course still will not allow you to work on gas appliances as firstly you need to build up work related experiance with a corgi reg company and most of these will not accsept these qualifications from the trainers you will only be accsepted by doing a 2 year colledge course on plumbing which are N V Q S after that you will need a placement then you might be accepted for A C S training and qualifications ,, and the trade is now flooded with new plumbers and gas engineers as well as polish migrants my advice is stick out the crunch and do what your best at
It might be different with electrics so it may be worth trying but its a long slog with loads of technical exams to do just the same as gas

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:05 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:33 pm