Tips on Decking – Decking in Concrete Patio Area
Ask questions and find answers on all your decking problems and issues

mark prior
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tips on Decking – Decking in Concrete Patio Area

by mark prior » Wed May 18, 2011 2:48 pm

I have a few question. I have a few DIY jobs on the go at the moment but when i have finished them i am going to start my decking where i want my decking there is a concret patio/area the decking size i want is L5.3 by W3.7m the concret area is L5.3 by W2.9m.

So the first thing is would i have to dig up the concret area and there is dreainge pipes in that area as well. Also not sure what size joist to use yet from the concret to the bottom of the doors is about 8half inch. So i am going to bolt the back and side joist to the back and the left hand side of the house. I am also going to use 5 post 4 at the front and 1 at the back on the right hand side i am going to concret the 4 post in at the front how deep would i have to go and how long would i need the post to be the post i am going to concret in i will use them for the handrails as well.

For the 1 post at the back on the right side and for the joist support posts if i keep the concret area can i use bolt down post plats/brackets would that be ok i think the concret area depth is about 3to4 inch. And for the joist would it easier or better for me to nail or screw the joist together or use joist hangers/brackets. If some one has more tips on decking it would be welcomed.?

It is currently Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:40 am