To the decorators here
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JRS
Ganger
Ganger

To the decorators here

by JRS » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:02 pm

I have been a loyal customer to dulux trade centre for years now, Recently i had my very 1st call back from a job. It turned out the gloss work was completly yellow within 2 weeks. I had done there bathroom 2 years previouse and the gloss work is still fine nice and white, But i had coated the radiator while i was doing the hall. I had used crown in the bathroom, So as the rad was yellow and the reast was white it showed that the hall was the same so i dug out the old tin of gloss and the tin at the top where i had poured the pain from looked magnolia, yes no joke. it was that bad. I looked out another batch and it was the same.

I spoke to dulux and they had no care about the matter, i was deeply discusted. So just a heads up that Gliddens Brilliant white gloss is terrible. Has anyone else had this with gliddens? How did you get on with customer service?

I have sorted the gloss work now with crown gloss but was deeply disapointed in dulux that the couldnt care less about what has happened, I have never had this problem before. And i hope by changing to crown this wont happen again.

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Re: To the decorators here

by theshedman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi JRS, as with most things these days loyalty doesn't seem to count for much. I have always used Dulux paints myself usually the trade paints with gloss etc. Over the years I have always found that the Dulux oil based gloss isn't as white as the crown one but it is thicker and more hard wearing. Never used Gliddon myself but from what you say I can only see it was that that caused the gloss work to yellow. I know oil based gloss does tend to yellow quicker than the water based ones but not that quick. Never had to get in contact with them myself but have heard of some that have and to be honest they are usually quite good. Maybe you got the one who got out of bed on the wrong side. You would think that with the economy the way it is they would be doing all they could to keep customers not upset them to drive them away.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:30 am