To TOPSPARK TT to Shed
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

To TOPSPARK TT to Shed

by sparx » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 am

Hi Topspark ,
why do you keep telling people to TT their supplies to sheds & garages?
It is NOT mandatory, merely one way to do it! Ericmark gave an article about this for you on another post.
Please tell me which reg says you have to do it this way as both NAPIT & ECA have published info saying this is not the prefered way, it is only needed if there is a metal service to the out building , otherwise we should use the house earth.

I know it was way back in FEB. when I passed my 17th & I been in Leckie business since 1963 so @ 60+ the memory ain't great, but I don't think I am wrong on this, I await correction though, BTW who are you registered with?
regards SPARX

TOPSPARK
Ganger
Ganger

sparx tt to shed from TOPSPARK

by TOPSPARK » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:38 pm

I am a registered member of the ECA and my part p is with them as well.
This afternoon i contacted technical as i couldnt find the relevant regulation covered by this in the 17th edition regs book either.The response i had was this under the current regulations either using the rod outside the shed or using the main earth via the house both ways are correct and it boils down to personal choice so we are both correct,but if it is done by dropping a rod if the earth cable used was 10mm then any extraneous conductive parts in the shed must be bonded with the same size earth but under the 16th edition it should have been done with a rod.This information came from the technical dept of the ECA.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:00 am