toggle light switch

Postby marcuso » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

The toggle on a switch moves up and down but doesn't switch the light and it feels 'loose'. Can this be repaired? I see there are two tiny holes on the ring at the base of the toggle which look as if a tool could be used to unscrew ring.

Thanks

Markus O
marcuso
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Unlikely the norm is overheating due to bad contact and melting the plastic inside.
ericmark

Postby marcuso » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 am

ericmark wrote:Unlikely the norm is overheating due to bad contact and melting the plastic inside.

Thanks. The switch never felt hot. Guess I'll buy a new switch if I can find one the same (to match another in the room - or I'll need to buy two!)
marcuso
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby ericmark » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:35 pm

The very small spring loaded plunger which would likely melt would not likely transfer enough heat for the fault to be seen without disseminating the switch.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!