Toilet connection leak
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
John drake
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet connection leak

by John drake » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 am

I would be grateful of some advice on a problem I have encountered with fitting my new toilet. I have replaced my toilet with a Falmouth toilet from screwfix which looks good but the problem I have it weeps at the connection to the pan,I have fitted 3 different connector and the last one being a flexible type but all have the same issue. I noticed the mid point connection hole on the stack is 200mm and the toilet outlet mid point is 190mm and all the other designs I checked were about 180mm so I am not sure if this height difference to the stack is causing a flow back to the connector and the weeping or could be just the connectors were faulty, or should I have secured the connector to the toilet with some sort of fixing adhesive.
The only other cause might be a faulty toilet,I would be grateful of some advice on this matter.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 am

Check the porcelain on the spigot where the pan connector sits. I have seen a number of toilets where the surface is damaged which prevents a watertight seal.

Dry everything toughly and liberally coat both surfaces with clear silicone sealant. This often overcomes this problem which is far more common than it ought to be!

GerryM
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet Connection Leak

by GerryM » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am

I installed my Lecico toilet recently and worked perfectly to begin. However after about 2 months it began to seep after flushing where pan outlet meets connector. I have used silicon to try and seal around the connection but continues to leak. Level between outlet and waste stack appears fine also. I have used several different connectors and leak contiues with all. I have thought that there may have been some movement with toilet and floor but appears not. I have seen wax rings but not used yet and wonder would it work. I may now need to call a plumber. Sorry I have no answer yet.

John drake
Labourer
Labourer

by John drake » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Many thanks for your help I will exam the toilet surface for damage to see if I can spot any surface damage which might stop a good bond.

John drake
Labourer
Labourer

by John drake » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Many thanks for your help I will exam the toilet surface for damage to see if I can spot any surface damage which might stop a good bond.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:08 am