Toilet flush valve

Postby johnjo99 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi,

I have just fitted a new ballcock assembly including flush valve and inlet pipe into my cistern. It fills fine, but when it should stop, it keeps dripping from the outlet into the cistern...I've tried adjusting the ballcock, and changing the height, but no joy. The only way to stop it dripping, shutting the valve completely, is to give the ballcock arm a tap. Then it stops fine.

Its driving me up the wall! Please help.
johnjo99
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby nitro23456 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 am

ensure ballcock and arm are free to move freely. If it is just a drip it will stop itself eventually.
nitro23456
Progress to next rank:
48.7%

Postby rosebery » Wed May 07, 2008 11:01 am

The valve isn't closing properly. The fact that you can get the valve to stop operating by giving the ballfloat some assistance suggests that it's not the valve itself.

Sometimes you can get this if the ballfloat or the arm is catching on something else in the cistern which prevents it lifting all the way.

Check this first.

Cheers
rosebery

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!