Toilet light keeps 'timing out'.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CP
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet light keeps 'timing out'.

by CP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:37 am

Hello.

I have been having a problem with a spotlight (screw thread 40W) switching itself off afte a few minutes. At first I thought there was some kind of timer in the light (I'm no DIY'er so I felt it was possible) but recently the light has been going out after only 2 or 3 minutes.

I opened it up and took a picture of the wiring I found. I tightened everything up then pu ******* back together.

On switching the light back on, it just BLEW straight away. What can I do please ?
[

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:42 am

Hi CP, take another look @ that picky! i'm sure you have got a blk wire in the wrong place!, if u have all reds together & all blk together then it's wrong, see 'projects' wiring/replacing a light, your reds should not go to the light, one blk[shd be marked red] goes to centre contact of ES lampholder other blks [Neutrals] go to outer contact, regards SPARX

CP
Labourer
Labourer

by CP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:53 am

I can't see my own picture !

Did I add it correctly ?

CP
Labourer
Labourer

by CP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 am

So, where I have two blacks going into one terminal, which one do I take out, and where do I connect it ?

CP
Labourer
Labourer

by CP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:00 pm

tks sparx

I have looked at the rose diagrams but cannot see how they compare to my situation.

I seem to have 3 sets of double terminals (no triple ones like in the diagram) and some red wires bunched together with tape.

Are these red wires 'doing' anything ?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 pm