Tool needed for this Hex bit

Postby GT's-DIY » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here & looking for some advice.

I basically need a ratchet spanner type wrench tool that will fit at the rear end of this hex bit to help me turn the screw below.



What is it called exactly please? And links to the actual contraption would be most helpful - thanks :)

P.S. I can supply more &/or bigger photos if necessary
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:11 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 pm

You have standard socket which will be either 1/2" or 3/8", you can buy either a bar wrench or a ratchet wrench. Go somewhere like halfords.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby GT's-DIY » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Thank you stoneyboy :)
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Postby smith222 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 am

Follow this rule: When you do need a tool, purchase the best quality you can afford. This rule is especially important for drywall knives. At first glance, you may not be able tell much difference between a top-quality drywall knife and its lookalike cousin from the bargain bin. But the resiliency of the tool's steel is critical to achieving a smooth application of drywall compound. With the right tools, you'll get better results with reduced effort and in less time.

Drywall Stilts
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:00 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics