Tools for working with acrylic to adjust splashback size
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ForeverHome
Labourer
Labourer

Tools for working with acrylic to adjust splashback size

by ForeverHome » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I'm a bit lost.

We have just had an extension built which now houses our new kitchen and dining room. We have opted for a glass splashback behind the hob and have ordered bespoke acrylic panels to cover the rest of the splashback area above the worktops.

They arrived yesterday and due to irregularities in the walls, a couple of them are slightly too big. We were aware that this would be likely and had planned to file them as required. But we have no idea what file to use!

I've tried searching online but having filtered out all the acrylic nail results <<rolls eyes>>, I can only find files that say they are appropriate for wood and metal.

Can anyone advise? I'm thinking of a rough file that can shave the pieces that are a few mm too big and at least 1 or 2 finer files for finishing. All edges will be silicone sealed as they either butt up against a wall, work top or another section of acrylic.

Thank you!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Tools for working with acrylic to adjust splashback size

by welsh brickie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:02 pm

you can use a jigsaw, but use a blade designed for metal, the most teeth per inch is best

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:00 am