Towel Rails

Postby brucethebuilder » Mon May 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi,

I heard somewhere that metallic towel rails (e.g. stainless steel or chrome) are less energy efficient than white towel rails. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?
brucethebuilder
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby steve the plumber » Wed May 13, 2009 8:36 pm

[quote="brucethebuilder"]Hi,

I heard somewhere that metallic towel rails (e.g. stainless steel or chrome) are less energy efficient than white towel rails. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?[/quote]

Not heard that one, I have a chrome one and the in-laws have a white one. I think the chrome is far better than the white one, seems to heat up alot quicker and stay warmer longer.
steve the plumber
Progress to next rank:
14.7%

Postby donkey1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Correct. For example, if you look in the Myson price list brochure for towel rads its says reduce the heat output for chrome rads by 35% from the figure shown in the brochure for a white rad
donkey1
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby ianbcr » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:35 pm

i need to change the open/close valve on my towel rail at the bottom,is this a complete drain down of the system?dont know about the heat Q but burnt my leg a few times on mine by the toilet in chrome. lol
ianbcr
Progress to next rank:
5.3%

Postby rosebery » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:56 pm

"i need to change the open/close valve on my towel rail at the bottom,is this a complete drain down of the system?"

No - just as far as the pipework just below the valve you want to change.

BTW this Q really should have had a new thread all to itself. Never mind!.

"dont know about the heat Q but burnt my leg a few times on mine by the toilet in chrome. lol"

Yes - very amusing I'm sure.

Cheers
rosebery

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!