Training to be a Carpenter and Joiner
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
El-Tel
Labourer
Labourer

Training to be a Carpenter and Joiner

Post by El-Tel » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi
Ive spent the last 3 years working as a furniture fitter, I would like to improve my skillsand become a carpenter/joiner I dont have the time for a full time course for too long as I need my wages for mortgage etc. Is there any sort of crash course anyone knows of to get my foot in the door, or maybe something I can learn fast, get a job through that and train while working. I live in east London and work six days a week. I am dedicated I just dont know how to go about it, are any of these online or distance learning courses worth the paper they are written on? Thanks for reading, any information would be great.

Shaker2go Ltd
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Training to be a Carpenter and Joiner

Post by Shaker2go Ltd » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi El Tel

Carpentry isn't a crash course kind of thing. The most important aspect of carpentry and is forward thinking and problem solving, which you can only learn from experience and past mistakes. I would suggest getting a job within a construction firm and letting them know you would like to progress with carpentry as your main role.

Phil @ Shaker2go

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:26 pm