Tripped MCB

Postby timcornell » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:45 pm

Hellllllllp!

A few days ago the upstairs lighting MCB tripped off. After Inspecting the bathroom light fitting I discovered that the blocked off red wires had become worn and were in contact with the metel light fitting causing it to short out. I repaired this but now the MCB wont push back. I've tried turning the mains off first but still no joy! Its a fairly new MK Consumer unit.

Any advice?
timcornell
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:39 pm

[quote="timcornell"]Hellllllllp!

A few days ago the upstairs lighting MCB tripped off. After Inspecting the bathroom light fitting I discovered that the blocked off red wires had become worn and were in contact with the metel light fitting causing it to short out. I repaired this but now the MCB wont push back. I've tried turning the mains off first but still no joy! Its a fairly new MK Consumer unit.

Any advice?[/quote]

timcornell
BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE FAULT CURRENTS THE MCB COULD
BE DAMAGED BEYOND NORMAL SERVICE AND MIGHT NEED
REPLACING.
U WOULD BE WISE TO CONSULT AN ELECTRICIAN ABOUT
POSSIBLY CHANGING THIS AND IT WOULD BE WISE FOR HIM TO CHECK WIRING AFTER HIGH FAULT CURRENTS FLOWING.
OF COURSE WE R ASSUMING THAT THERE IS STILL NOT A SHORT CIRCUIT OR ANOTHER FAULT ON THESE CABLES.
ANOTHER REASON TO GET ADVICE
BLAKEY1963
ON THE CABLES
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!