Triton 3/4" Push Fit Bar Mixer bracket
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Vincenze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Triton 3/4" Push Fit Bar Mixer bracket

by Vincenze » Sun May 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Thought this was the end of all my troubles. No offset attachments from pipe to lug - nice'n'esay quick fit. Fitted pipes to instruction etc. After 2 days of turning mains n and off, leak after leak I began to despair.

Bracket screws onto wall, pushfit screws into bracket and pipe is sealed.

Brother is plumber and told him leak non-stop. I swapped the seal in pushfit from poly corner and noticed the poly seal was slightly thicker. Worked on one pipe but not the other. Fitted a second seal behind first on the still leaking fit. Seems to be holding.

Does anyone know if there are any other manufacturers of 3/4" quickfit brackets? I don't rate Triton's seals. Successful Bank Hols DIYing to everyone

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat May 16, 2009 12:42 am

I know this post is now quite old but here goes.

1. You can't use one mfrs O rings with anothers pipework. It won't work.

2. What is the length of pipe sticking out of the wall?

Cheers

Vincenze
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Vincenze » Sat May 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Hello Rosebery,

Actually, everything working nicely now. The seals were almost exactly the same as compression fit poly. Seems to be holding OK. I am certain theirs were a fraction too thin.

Now the next problem headed 'blowing hot or cold' has occurred whereby the hot flow fluctuates. We think it is a possible sensor on (my beloved) Potterton Puma 80. Alternatively, it's simply not getting the hot away fast enough and the thermo is cutting the combi out. I've changed the showerhead to one with a more liberal flow to increase the hot water throughput.

The answer to your question is the pipes had to be trimmed 29mm from tile face.

Have a nice weekend

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun May 17, 2009 12:20 pm

"Actually, everything working nicely now. The seals were almost exactly the same as compression fit poly. Seems to be holding OK. I am certain theirs were a fraction too thin."

Thats good to hear. I'm still not convinced about using o rings from another source though.

"Now the next problem headed 'blowing hot or cold' has occurred whereby the hot flow fluctuates. We think it is a possible sensor on (my beloved) Potterton Puma 80. Alternatively, it's simply not getting the hot away fast enough and the thermo is cutting the combi out. I've changed the showerhead to one with a more liberal flow to increase the hot water throughput."

Yes its most likely a flow rate issue with the Potty.

"The answer to your question is the pipes had to be trimmed 29mm from tile face."

You've understood the reason for my question. If the pipes aren't fully pushed home through the o ring then there is the possibility of a leak. Equally if the pipes aren't "deburred" after cutting thers a real probability of damaging the o ring as its pushed through.

"Have a nice weekend"

You too.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:34 pm