trying to drain a system but nothing comes out.....
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
beaumontnz
Apprentice
Apprentice

trying to drain a system but nothing comes out.....

by beaumontnz » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:48 pm

very frustrated as I'm trying to drain down a system( I have followed directions of how to do it from this site),but even when the valves are open,no water comes out from the hose,only drips from the valves on the rad.what's going on?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:17 pm

IF you are using one of the proper drain tap points, it may be it is seized shut (it may unscrew but the rubber sticks to the seat. Watch out as it can come unstuck suddenly and you get black water everywhere.

If you are trying to drain a pressurised unvented system the upstairs radiator bleed valves must be open before the system will drain.

gasmick
Tradesman
Tradesman

by gasmick » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:18 pm

it seems like the rubber washer is stuck to the seating if the drain tap is in a place where i does not cause to many problems you can remove the drain tap insert after firstly puting a hose on the end then you can with a small screwdriver poke out the washer it may come out in bits as they go brittle over the years then you can replace it before refillingf

mick

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1