Tumble dryer
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
poppyo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tumble dryer

by poppyo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:17 am

Hello. The heater in my tumble dryer has packed up, just cold air. Is it easily fixed, if I get it fixed would it be cheaper to buy a new one?
Thank you for any help

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Tumble dryer

by plumbbob » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:23 am

Generally, heating elements are easy to replace but of course it differs slightly for different models. Get a quote for the repair then you will no for sure which is the more expensive. Repairing may not be the best solution if the dryer is very old.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Are you sure it's not a overheat safety device tripped. Mine has a button on back and if we get too much fluff it trips. In the past I have found by the time the element fails the drum bearings are also on the way out and it seems one is chasing the faults. However they are normally easy to change. But will vary make to make. Mine has two elements and I would expect they will not blow together so likely you would get half heat for a long time before no heat so do check for safety device.

poppyo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by poppyo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you for answering. It''s 11years old, no button to re set, I phoned an electrician, he said at least £75 to repair, so we will get a new one.
Regards

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:20 pm