Tumble Dryer venting
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
solskjaer99
Labourer
Labourer

Tumble Dryer venting

Post by solskjaer99 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:51 pm

Hopefuly someone can help me out here;

I have my tumble dryer in the cupboard under the stairs and vented out into my garage, and being a dumbass didnt see anything wrong with that, until i went into the garage one day and everything was covered in condensation, and some of my tools have started to rust, and cardboard boxes getting wet and soggy.

I have it vented with a normal Dryer venting kit but need to find a way of venting out at the nearest outside wall on the garage which is around 4ft away. i thought about gettin a bit of 1" poly pipe and getting some sort of Poly 'box' but cant find anything. Please help if you can?

Oh and be easy on my 'n00b' status!

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DONFRAMAC » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:13 am

Shower extract fans route moist air over the cieling, into the soffit-box and down to a grille in the soffit panel. You can buy just the wire-reinforced polythene flexible tubing if you want, at builders merchants, or search the net, especially under "VENTAXIA". (this tubing is part of the kit)
I know it comes in more than one diameter, eg 4 inch, and 6 inch. It also has industrial uses, for extracting fumes from tanks, eg using PORTAVENT brand trolley sized filtered fans.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:42 am

If you visit the condesation project on the website you can scroll to the bottom to click into the tumble drier venting kit there. When you get to the kit, click on the Ducting Appliance Connector at the bottom right. Then you will be able to see a length of flat, 100mm drier venting duct. This ducting can be clipped to teh wall easily and the round vent hose is adapted to it by means of the first round/flat adapter you will have seen on your way to it.

solskjaer99
Labourer
Labourer

Post by solskjaer99 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:40 am

worked an absolute treat! cheers m8

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:59 am