Turning off the hot water supply
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kisoro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Turning off the hot water supply

Post by kisoro » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:56 pm

I have a dripping hot water tap in an upstairs bathroom that is part of an extension built many years ago. On this floor there are several cupboards along the landing containing pipes with valves, some hot, some cold, one set being close to this particular bathroom, which when opened and closed seem to have no effect. I think Heath Robinson put the whole thing together. I simply don't know where the hot water supply valve to this particular bathroom could be.

Is there somewhere else where I might be able to turn off the hot water supply to enable me to deal with the dripping tap? For instance in the boiler cupboard downstairs?

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:49 am

Hi,

More info please - make/model of boiler.
Copper cylinder or not??

Etc etc

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Skids » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi Kisoro

Two options:

1. Combi boiler ~ turn off the boiler, turn off the mains water supply, no hot water, may dribble for a bit.

2. Hot Water Cylinder ~ turn of the cold water feeding the Cylinder ~ no hot water, again, may dribble for a bit more.

All the best & Happy New Year

Regards

Skids

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am