Tv to partition wall.
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Adrian C
Labourer
Labourer

Tv to partition wall.

by Adrian C » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:28 pm

Hello All.
I'm new around here so please go gentle and bear with me.

I need to fix a lcd 22 kg tv to a patition wall. Plaster board with what I think is battening behind. We already have a 6 feet radiator hanging on it.
Can you please suggest what fixings to use?
Someone has told me that the spring toggles should do it no problem but they are no experts hence this post.
The last thing I want is a bump in the night to say the least. :cry:

martin497
Apprentice
Apprentice

by martin497 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi, spring toggles should be fine for this job,personally I dont like spring toggles and would rather go for a heavy duty redi-driver.
These are just like normal metal redi-drivers but these have a movable toggle like mechanism at the bottom.
If you cant get or dont want these then you can go for a standard hollow wall anchor, these are on sale everywhere.

Adrian C
Labourer
Labourer

by Adrian C » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Many thanks for your help.
I will now tackle with renewed confiedence. :D

LEO292
Apprentice
Apprentice

by LEO292 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:37 pm

I agree with the spring toggles for this one. The pipe work for the radiator generally holds it self in place on the wall. So it doent nesicerily need good fixings. So dont belive your telly will do the same!!!!! Simply mark the wall bracket at the desired height. Drill at least 4 holes through the bracket. insrt your toggle fixings through the bracket and into the wall. Tighten up the toggles and Hey presto!! Tv in bed. Hope this helps. Leo.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:31 am