Twyford CC toilet suite
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
27col
Apprentice
Apprentice

Twyford CC toilet suite

by 27col » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 pm

I have just changed the syphon on a Twyford CC suite. It is about 10 yrs old. It is the type that has a plastic moulding which is screwed to the back of the pan. The cistern sits on this moulding. However the flush connector part of the moulding will not make a seal with the pan inlet. The rubber connector is badly deformed. I fitted a standard plastic flush connector, but it will not seal either.
If anyone out there is familiar with this type of suite I would be obliged if they have any comments as to how to get this joint water tight. If you know where I can get a genuine Twyford spare, that would be great. I have emailed Twyford and not had a reply. Thanking you in anticipation.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 am

"The rubber connector is badly deformed."

I think you mean what is colloquially referred to as a "doughnut". You should never reuse one and always fit new.

Cheers

27col
Apprentice
Apprentice

by 27col » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Roseberry. The problem is not the doughnut washer, although that does need replacing. It is a plastic moulding on the back of the pan which is called the accelerator. I have had a reply from Twyford so some progress is being made. Thanks for your interest.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:26 pm