Twyford CC toilet suite

Postby 27col » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 pm

I have just changed the syphon on a Twyford CC suite. It is about 10 yrs old. It is the type that has a plastic moulding which is screwed to the back of the pan. The cistern sits on this moulding. However the flush connector part of the moulding will not make a seal with the pan inlet. The rubber connector is badly deformed. I fitted a standard plastic flush connector, but it will not seal either.
If anyone out there is familiar with this type of suite I would be obliged if they have any comments as to how to get this joint water tight. If you know where I can get a genuine Twyford spare, that would be great. I have emailed Twyford and not had a reply. Thanking you in anticipation.
27col
Progress to next rank:
57.9%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 am

"The rubber connector is badly deformed."

I think you mean what is colloquially referred to as a "doughnut". You should never reuse one and always fit new.

Cheers
rosebery

Postby 27col » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Roseberry. The problem is not the doughnut washer, although that does need replacing. It is a plastic moulding on the back of the pan which is called the accelerator. I have had a reply from Twyford so some progress is being made. Thanks for your interest.
27col
Progress to next rank:
57.9%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!