under cabinet lights and plinth lights

Postby tony_dicko » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:15 pm

i am currently doing my kitchen and was wondering if i can run plinth lights and an under cabinet light from one mains feed with one transformer, if i can what things do i need to consider eg, do both the plinth lights and cabinet light have to be of the same type or can i mix led plinth lights with halogen cabinet lights, thanks alot
tony_dicko
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi
can't mix types as transformers differ, halogen are 'constant-voltage' & LED's need 'constant-current' type, you realise this work is covered by bldg regs part p as is any wiring in a kitchen unless running from an existing socket via plug, regards SPARX
sparx

Postby tony_dicko » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:09 pm

thanks alot for the reply, will be getting a profesional in to sort it now. cheers
tony_dicko
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!