I want to retro install water ufh but i do not want to install it in the traditional way. The method of construction i want to use is this.
- Cut, in the original concrete floor a grove about 40mm wide by 15mm deep,
- Lay 10mm marmox insulation board down,
- cut the marmox insulation bourd out where i had perviously cut out a gorve in the concrete,
- lay pipe insulation in this groove which has been cut to expose where pipe would normally be placed,
- place 16mm ufh pipe into the pipe insulation where it has been cut and every x mm use a alumunium heat speader.
- Lastly cover the floor with tiles.
Can anyone see a problem with this type of construction?
Thanks in advance,