Underfloor heating-Electric.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

Underfloor heating-Electric.

by Sparkydelux » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi,
I have a query.I am to fit a provision point for underfloor heating in a new build and am a little uncertain if I should run it off an RCD circuit-being in the bathroom environment.

I will be mounting the thermostat outside the bathroom as to avoid mositure getting into the unit.The main supply for the underfloor heating is my main concern as I was going to take it off the nearest socket in the bedroom and fit it on a 13A fused spur (changing the fuse to the appropriate size of course). Both spur and thermostat will be outside the bathroom area.

I have read that the sensor has to be run in conduit.Is this from the thermostat to the electric matting?This house is a timber build with plasterboard finish and the flooring in the bathroom will be screeded and tiled.

Please could you guide me in the correct way as to not make a vital mistake.

Regards and thank you for your time and advice,

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi, I would use an RCD fused spur, the stat is usualy a capiliary tube which although not electrical is very easily damaged, & some types are a thermocouple also fairly fragile so If poss i would put in tube,
regards
SPARX

Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Sparkydelux » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:19 pm

Thanks for the advice.I'll make sure i fit it as follows.
Regards,

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:50 am