underfloor heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
glascarmill
Labourer
Labourer

underfloor heating

by glascarmill » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm

can someone advise me about the best way to run underfloor heating. I have it combined with a wood pellet system. Some people say to run it 24/7 at a low temp (17 - 19 degrees) and to have the water coming in at about 35 degrees. But is there much point in running the heating if the house is empty or during the night. If no hot water is needed in the house I don't see the point in having the pellet boiler on as it keeps turning on to regulate itself. At the minute I turn on the heating for 5 hours every evening, but i've no idea if this is using more fuel than if I just kept it on constantly.

Any advice would be great. I'm happy with the system but I've no idea how to get the best out of it.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am

there always seems to be some debate about this subject but I reckon your best off using your heating when you need it and not on a low settign when noone is there..... I can't see how this can be fuel efficient to be honest.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1